Sunday, November 4, 2012

Jordan was PETRAfying

Jordan!! I cant believe that this week went by so quickly. It was an amazing experience and I feel like I saw and learned so much. The following is a photo tour of my week. I took 300 pictures so you are just seeing a smidgen. :)  

 Me and Mikel on top of Mt. Nebo where Moses was translated

 Alisheea, Me, Alison, and Sarah in front of the ancient Maraba map

 Me and Liz after we climbed a tall, tall mountain. 

 Macarus! Where John the Baptist was imprisoned and killed.

 some fun yoga moves

 
So our shower in the first hotel didnt work...the water pressure just dripped so it took 15 minutes to take a shower..

Entrance to PETRA!!

 First glimpse of the Treasury

 Yup! I did ride a camel!

 Yes..it does remind you of Indiana Jones doesnt it?

 Caves! Well they were tombs...

 I love Petra!

 The beautiful view of the monastery. We had quite a hike to get there! 

 Beautiful overlook. Some days I am amazed at this incredible world that the Lord has created for us. It was a lot of fun to sing some songs up there with Mckenzie and Mikele.


 Our friend Katie. She asked us to sing a song for her and she loved our choice, I am a Child of God


 Just chillin....we carved that rock behind us in our spare time.

My Krep pal! He gave me a free Crep! :) He also added me on facebook so now I have a friend from Jordan! 

 Our Hercules poses at the temple of Hercules

 We are trying to be the statues

 On the bank of the Jabbok river!

 Jerash! :) I was sick so this is as far as I got...

 The two little sick girls...me and Hollie

 The automobile museum..I really wanted to ride in these cars

 This was my favorite car though..

This is a guy who randomly asked us to take a picture with him. I like his model pose, and I love my hideous outfit.

 Me and my roomies at the Amman Theatre

 We are kinda creeped out...

 all united!!

 Me and Jackson! 

 Hailey and I with our KFC :) Yup they do have it in Jordan. It was like a taste of home!

 Banks of the Jordan River. The baptismal site. The spirit here was incredible. I have been thinking a lot about baptism lately and what it means to me. I know that I was baptized to make covenants with my savior so that I can live with him again. I am so grateful for this incredible promise and the joy it brings to my everyday life

 Im with Jordan in JORDAN! :) 


Me and Mary :) She is going to be the best missionary! 

No comments:

Post a Comment