Saturday, November 10, 2012

Seven hour days :)

The best part about Jerusalem study abroad is that half way though the semester all of you classes end. Instead of 6 classes we now only have two! It is a huge relief and it also means that now we can spend a TON more time in the city :) Today we set off at 10:30 and didn't get back til 7! It was a long jam packed day but I loved it!

First stop, the "onion church" or the Church of Mary Magdalene. 
 Some cute chikas. 

 On the way to our next stop we saw a bunch of barmitzva's. Of course we had to join in the fun and we danced to the beating drums. 

 Next was Temple mount! This is Allison and I in front of the Al Asque mosk. 
My friend Jay asked me to take a picture with him in front of this and then when he put his arm around me for the picture this guy came and got mad cause boys cant touch girls...whoops!

 I dont think I am ever going to get sick of Dome of the Rock

Next we all were super hungry so we stopped and got some Pizza in the old city! Oh how I love Pizza! I cant wait to make homemade pizza at home and go to the Pie! 


The next stop was interesting...we went to an Armenian Orthadox service. Not going to lie it was definitely different. They wore cloaks like Darthvader and chanted in lines in the dark. But I also learned a lesson. During their session there were lots of people walking around, talking and taking pictures and touching things they shouldn't have. It made me wonder what it would be like if people did that during our church meetings. It made me realize we need to have respect and understanding for all church's forms of religion. They may be weird and different but to them they are sacred. 

 Burning incense, part of the service. 

 The inside of the church

Our final stop was the Tower of David Museum. If anything this stop was worth it for the view!! It was a spectacular view of all Jerusalem. It was breath taking. 


 Now that's a view I could wake up to every morning!


 Me and my chumb David!

 Tower of David

 View of the wall!


They had this funny picture taking booth and this was the one I emailed to myself :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment