Monday, November 5, 2012

PAINT FIGHT!

I love service projects. For our free day we had the opportunity to sign up to help paint a kind of "half way house" for troubled teens in West Jerusalem. So me and twenty others packed into vans early sunday morning and headed off to paint. Once we got there they gave us mustard yellow t-shirts that were all xxxL. We learned a little bit about how the house served as a refuge for troubled and abused teens that didn't have anywhere else to go. They could stay for up to three months and then they were transferred to Government institutions. We painted all the walls a pale yellow and got in some paint on ourselves. It was just fun painting, chatting, dancing to music and throwing paint on each other. I got a little to into it and my branch president told me not to have TO much fun :) Lets just say everyone had a little bit of paint on them from me :) I have never painted before so it was a lot of fun to learn how to use those huge rollers. I mostly stuck with the  little paint brushes. The guy told us we did a good job during lunch but we had to go back and  "fix a lot". But in the end it looked great! I loved this type of service because you could actually see the impact you made. The rooms looked beautiful and clean afterwards. I am grateful for the chance to serve others! 

 Before...when we were still clean

 Ellen and I :)

 Everyone was super excited about painting...especially Dal

 Hollie and I :) love her! 

 Cassie! Oh she is one of my favorites!

 Paint buckets

 Finished product! Didnt we do a great job??

 Me and Will gangta status

Abi, Me and Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment