Saturday, November 10, 2012

O Little Town of Bethlehem

Bethlehem :) It was Christmas in November! For our field trip this past week we made the trek to Bethlehem. It was an incredible experience. In the beginning of the day we stopped and explored the ancient ruins of Herodian and then headed over to manger square. We were lead by a tour guide to the church where we had to wait in a long line to go in. In the church we walked down in to the basement where there was a small room where they believe Mary gave birth and where the manger was. It may not be the place exactly but it is important just to remember the significance of his birth and what it means for us.  The most memorable part of the trip was making it up to a hillside outside of Bethlehem where we sang Christmas songs and then had some time to study and think. That reflective time was incredible just sitting and pondering the meaning of his birth. I want to have the spirit of Christmas with me at all times. I want to constantly remember why he was born and why he died for me. He was the prince of Peace and he was born on this earth so that he could preform the atonement for all of us and that we may return to live with him again. Herod was the king of the Jews but Jesus was the true king. He brings light and life to all men. Through him we can receive eternal happiness. I am eternally grateful for his birth and the works of his life. 

 Model poses in front of ancient towers.

 I just love silly pictures :) 
 My friend Shawn let me where his cowboy hat!

 Caitie, Me and Lauren 

 Bell tower in Bethlehem

 Ellen and I in the church at Bethlehem

 I love bugging people when they are falling asleep. 



 Where they believe Christ was born


 Shepherd's field

Beautiful Bethlehem! 

No comments:

Post a Comment