Friday, September 28, 2012

Experiencing the Shwarma

So everyone that goes to Jerusalem says that you NEED to try the local delicacy...the Shwarma. Since I often follow the crowd I decided that I needed to participate in this great delicacy. When I was out with Skylor and Hollie yesterday we decided to stop for a "lite lunch" or at least that is what I was expecting. When I went to pick up my "Shwarma" I had to go through a process. First I had to pick from all the peculiar looking sauces and salsas do decided what I want to dare place on my tortilla. After that experience they place the meat on the tortilla that they scrapped off from a HUGE roasting spicket. Of course the guy decided to give me the most meat of all. I really think there was a pound of meat squeezed in my tortilla. The man even informed me "you got a lot more then your friends :)" It just added to the experience. I sat down to eat this interesting looking food and it was actually pretty good. The large amount of meat kind of threw me off. Lets just say it definitely was not a lite lunch. And now I can say....I Erin Wankier, have had a Shwarma in Jerusalem. So cool. 



My half eaten Shwarma. LOOK AT THAT MEAT! 


Awwwww yaaaaaaa

This day was great! We got to go out in a small group and see a couple sweet sites. One of them was St. Peters Gallicia. It was a beautiful church where they believe they held Christ one night. There are huge caves down there and we got to sing "I believe in Christ" in one of them. We also bought me some Jerusalem sandles. (Dont worry mom, I got the "Mormon" rate). Oh and I also got hit on by an old man selling fresh squeezed juice..."Where are you from? How did you get so beautiful?" Yup. Pretty sure he wanted me to just buy his juice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment