Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ode to Food

So. Food in Israel is...pretty adventurous most of the time. I like it for the most part and its always good for one to try new things. However, my cravings for American food have intensified with each passing day. Lets just say that I already have a list of the first 25 meals I am going to have when I get home. First of all there is my Cafe Rio obsession. If I could have Cafe Rio everyday for the rest of my life...I think my life would be utterly complete. I miss pizza so much! I wish that I could make a homemade chicken BBQ pizza to make my life complete. There is the constant craving for icecream or good old fashioned chocolate chip cookies. I miss macarroni and cheese, pb&Js and good salads. (OH ZUPUS!!!!) I wish that I could eat normal cereal most of all. At home I find pure joy in being able to eat a bowl of cereal every morning. Here the cereal is all chocolate flavored and the milk is a little...off. But I have learned to love some things here! First of all the pears and fruit are AMAZING! I wish they were  that good back in the states. Also they have a good selection of new foods for me to try everyday. It makes it so I am not as big of a picky eater. Best of all however are the chocolate peanut butter pitas....they are PURE HEAVEN. I literally have to restrict myself or else that would be all I would eat. Turkey food was not that great. There was one day when all I ate was bread because for lunch there was this eggplant goo...which was like eating slim..and then for dinner there was a whole fish! Which had eyeballs...and looked like it was staring at me. yummmmmm.....So yup lots and lots of bread. The food is an adventure but I am definitely grateful that in a few months i can return to my normal American style diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment