Sunday, September 23, 2012

It's Turkey Time!

Whoop whoop!! :) :) :) I love Turkey! So basically there is no way that I could ever completely describe in words how great this 7 days were so I'm going to give you a glimpse of it through pictures.   (Caution...32 pictures following)

My trip began with this.....

 Isn't my snoring man a beauty! The air plane ride was a party :)

 Me and my roommate Katie and our, "happy like a little kid in disney land" pictures

 This is the yummy looking meat before they cook it. They have these on basically every corner.

 Before we enter the Blue mosque. We have to wear shawls over our hair.

 The Blue Mosque. The blue tile is so pretty and looking in I was overwhelmed by how big it was.

 My roommate Rachel. For the trip we had different ones since there was only two to a room. 

 Mikel and Katie! I love those girls.

 Taking a nap during our first marathon day...until the evil man made us come move :(

 Basilica Cistern. I felt like I was in the chamber of secrets

 The Grand Bazaar. The biggest mall in the WORLD

So basically you have to pay to use the bathroom...it was super unfortunate. (Water closet=bathroom) Oh and the bathrooms were squatters :(  

 Hollie and I on the ferry ride

 Roommates, Sophie and Hollie at Gallipolli 

 My model shot

 Being the ultimate tourist at Troy :) My water bottle, hat, sunglasses, fanny pack, receiver, head phones, camera, side pouch etc...

 Jumping pictures at Assos :) 

 Pillar pictures 

So..I tried to climb up on the pillar...but it didnt work so well. 

 Hey guys! I'm super buff! 

 Eleshia and Tommy at Ephesus

 Angel pose at Ephesus

 Mikel and I on the way to the Library

 Ballerina poses with Mary!

 We went to so many amazing stadiums! (Miletus)

 Sardis 

 Nicea 

 My wrap job got a little crazy....

 I love ferry boats! 

 Hagia Sophia!!!

 Its hard to even picture how amazing this place is (Hagia Sophia)
The outside of Hagia Sophia

Turkey was a huge blast. I loved learning about all the places that Paul walked. There is so much history and culture jammed into one place. I wish we could have seen it all. The food was interesting...but I survived. We stayed at some sketchy hotels...with space ship showers that were elevated and fire escapes outside our window. And then also some amazing ocean side resorts where we watched sunsets and played in the ocean. There were long bus rides where I learned the valuable skill of sleeping on a bus. There wasn't much sleep but I learned and experienced so much. At the end of the day however, its nice to be back at Jeru. 

No comments:

Post a Comment