Friday, September 14, 2012

Gethsemane "Place of suffering"

In Jerusalem the Sabbath is celebrated on Saturday so I now have a new day of worship. The first week it was really strange to get up and go to church on Saturday morning and then go play in the city on Sunday. But surprisingly, having my day of rest on Saturday makes the weekend so much better. On Saturday I don't have to stress about homework for school the next day and it means I still have a whole free day left until work begins again. I think that we should start this tradition in Utah..I'll just give Pres. Monson a call. We walked over the hill to Gethsemane which was an incredible experience. The garden is beautiful and next door is a huge gorgeous church called the Church of Agony. Lots of us just went down and wrote in our journals. The spirit there was so strong. I could feel my Saviors love for me as I tried to comprehend all that he did for me. He suffered for my sins so that I could return to live with him again. I can return the favor striving to remember his sacrifice everyday by serving others and striving to be more like Christ. 
 Me and Mikel :) 
 Standing outside the gate waiting to go in. (I love Mikele and Michael
s faces
 Inside the Church of Agony. It was so peaceful and quiet
 This doesn't have to do with Gethsemane but these are my wonderful roommates Hollie, and Katie. My other roommates name is Sophie :) 
 This is a rock in the church that they believe the Savior suffered for our sins. 
Sign right outside. I just loved seeing it written in the three different languages, (English, Hebrew and Arabic) 
It shows that this place is sacred to so many. 

1 comment:

  1. Love you and the pictures and the blog and the post and everything!!! :)

    ReplyDelete