Sunday, September 16, 2012

Getting Hot in the Negev

Our second field trip was to the Negev Desert and a bunch of sites therein. First stop was a weaving factory where we got to sample some interesting (but good) tea. The rugs and purses were so pretty! The next stop was so hot. We stopped at Beersheba where we spent a couple hours in the sun. The best part was that we got to wear some sweet bright red hard hats :) They were cute. Final stop was Arad, another ruin. Its amazing to see the places that are still standing today from hundreds of years ago. The bus ride was long and I got some good nap time in. I feel like there is NEVER time to sleep here but sleep is over rated anyways.
Weaving tent 
An example of a beautiful rug. They showed us how to do it. 

Beersheba
Beersheba #2
My rockin hard hat
Eleisha my favorite :) (She is exactly like my Aunt Josie)
Going down into the water cistern 
Arad!
Arad #2

No comments:

Post a Comment