Saturday, September 15, 2012

He is Not Here for He is Risen

One of my favorite spots so far was our trip to the Garden tomb. The spirit there was incredible. During our walk to the tomb there was a mini riot in the street in front of us. We were shepherded to the side by our security guards and didn't see very much. Its strange that things like this will happen yet, I still feel safer here than in Provo. We are protected everywhere we go and the security guards are like our temporary dads. They really do care and get over protective of us at times. But the garden was beautiful and peaceful, basically a little piece of heaven on earth. My favorite part was when we got to sing some hymns. Everyone turned around and listened. The spirit was radiating through out the garden. I was grateful to go to this place and remember that the most important part of the Crucifixion was the Resurrection. I feel like there is so much emphasis spent on his suffering and less on what it was all really for. I know that he lives. He suffered for me and you so that we could be resurrected and come to live with him again. The beauty and glory comes from the end of the story, his resurrection makes it so that we can receive all our heavenly blessings.  
This is the rock face that is believed to be the place where Christ was crucified. If you look at the picture you can see the eyes and the nose. 

 Me, Sarah and Jaelyn 
 The entrance to the garden tomb
 My favorite scripture. Shows that he lives so we can live
Part of the tomb

No comments:

Post a Comment