Sunday, September 23, 2012

Mary Magdalene and Shoppin in Jeru

Oh how I love Jerusalem :) Especially when I can spend all day going on adventures. I have gotten in the habit of calling it Jeru when I'm writing so don't be surprised if it comes up in my blog. I also refer to the Jerusalem Center as the JC. yup i'm super gangster. I wanted to post some pictures of the Church of Mary Magdalene. Its a Russian Orthadox church and I was super lucky when I chose to go in a group with three boys that spoke Russian. They were able to communicate with the nuns and they gave us a personal tour and told us all about the history. It was a really neat experience. I really have so much respect for people that know multiple languages and I hope someday that I will be able to. (We know how Spanish went the first time..no bueno.) But shopping in the city is a blast! Everywhere we go people know who we are and are very excited to meet us and talk to us. People are so friendly and welcoming. Its such a great atmosphere and there is so much to see. Its always a good day when you head into the old city. 

 Me and Allison in front of the Church of Mary Magdalene
 Inside. I have a small obsession with arches and domes :) 
 Me and Emily 
 Icons 
 This is Aladdins (nope its not pronounced like the movie) its where we go to change money! 
 This just made me smile :) 
 This is Omar a shop keeper that gave us juice. He wants us to add him on facebook since he only has 45 friends. To bad im on a facebook fast.
My beautiful home up on the hill :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment