Friday, October 5, 2012

Facing my Goliath

On Monday for our field trip we got to explore the Shepelah. In Jerusalem right outside of the coast there is a valley filled with hills and valleys. In those hills and valleys many biblical stories took place. We saw where Samson probably lived. There was an exploration through some bell caves. My favorite spot was the field where Israel faced the Philistines and little David fought Goliath. We had our own slings where we got to practice slinging rocks. Lets just say...I definitely wouldn't have slain any giants. We talked about how the stones he threw were probably the size of tennis balls! In our own lives we face our own Goliaths. Sometimes life gives you trials that seem impossible. But through faith and perseverance our trials will become our blessings. Everything happens for a reason and you can learn so much. 

In the middle of a bell cave! Its HUGE! 

 Bell Caves where holes they started at the top and would dig without collapsing the walls. 

 Allison and I :) 

 Matching Old Navy Cakis...ok how flattering they are. 

 Ancient place where they raised doves! I just think it looks like an owlery. (yay HP)

 PPPPUUPPUUPUUPURPLE!!! (DJ you better get that reference)

 Olive press

 My sling!! (ya..it was a purple day)

ya...nbd. I just shot a rock with a slingshot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment